Google Ads Interview Questions: If you are looking to apply for a position in digital marketing in Accenture, Cognizant, Ragalix or Wipro (who all work as a vendor a Google Support Process on Google Ads) then you need to get learn to answer all the below questions. A one-stop article to help you crack the Google Ads Interview with Accenture or Cognizant.
If you are a fresher and have no digital marketing experience, you may watch some videos on Google Ads from our Google Ads Course Playlist on YouTube to get acquainted with how Google Ads works.
If you are an experienced digital marketer, then this article will serve as a one-stop guide to help you revisit all the google ads interview questions that you may have to answer during the interview with Accenture, Cognizant or Regalix.
Check these 80+ Google Ads Interview Questions:
- Experience in Google Editor
- Excel – Learn the Basics of Excel (V lookup, formulas, pivot charts, comparisons)
- CTR – Click-through Rate and Conversion Rate Formula –
- What is outranking share – What insights you can draw from this metric? What optimizations can you make based on those insights?
- Share all Impression share metrics and their functional significance?
- What is the character length for ETA headline & for descriptions –
- Character limit of Final URL –
- Share some editorial policies of Google Ads
- How many campaigns/Ad Groups can be created in a Google Ads account –
- Ad rank/quality score correlation –How does it affect the account performance?
- What is a shared library?
- What are the types of networks in Google Ads?
- What are Dynamic Search Ads (DSA)? What is their functional significance?
- What is the highest membership duration for the display re-marketing list? –
- how to divide budget across multiple campaigns. Explain with a real-life client scenario.
- how to use keywords match types
- how re-marketing works
- how to do keyword bid optimizations
- aware of ETA specifications
- the relation between ad performance and conversion rate
- explain about forecasting in Google Ads?
- Campaign level setting
- Types of conversions.
- In-market and affinity audience
- auction insights
- Search terms report
- Why do you use Google Ads –
- Ads certified –
- CPC: cost per click
- CPA: Cost Per Acquisition. When you opt into CPA, when does Google charge you?
- How to check daily campaign cost of last 7 days?
- At what levels are bids and budgets suggested?
- What is budget delivery? Describe each type.
- What are bid strategies? What’s the difference between eCPC & tCPA? Which advertiser would use eCPC and not tCPA?
- what all the Ad group settings we have
- geo-targeting? Difference between location targeting in Google and Facebook?
- setup re-marketing campaigns
- what is AES file in Ad-Words editor
- What is a brand campaign? Benefits of having a brand campaign in an account
- How to setup conversion tracking.
- Bid strategies in Google Ads
- How to do bid optimizations in the account
- Difference between conversion rate and conversion volume? Explain with a real-life scenario.
- When do we say averages lie? What do you understand from this?
- How to optimize ad copies?
- Ad customizers, DKI, IF and Countdown functions?
- What is RLSA? How is it different from choosing IF function with the audience and a separate RLSA campaign?
- Difference between remarketing campaign & dynamic remarketing campaign.
- Is Google Merchant center required for a dynamic remarketing campaign?
- Experience of handling shopping campaigns? Troubleshooting Product feeds in GMC?
- What is google product taxonmy file?
- Can u find search term report for shopping campaigns?
- How do you create a remarketing list of visitors who visit your website from a particular marketing channel?
- What are funnels? Explain one basic funnel with 4 steps with a real-life scenario
- What is search attribution? Can you explain the functional significance of attribution?
- What are assisted conversions?
- Give one example of when do you use First Interaction Attribution Model and the Last interaction model?
- What are micro conversion and macro conversions? How do you track them in analytics?
- Are of Google Ads Scripts? Share one example of scripts that make every day optimizations possible
- What are dynamic ad targets?
- What are custom audiences for google search terms? Explain its functional significance
- Advanced Bidding strategies in shopping campaigns?
- Reasons Behind drastic drop in CTR?
- What is click farming?
- About conversion rates and myths surrounding conversion rate
- How to expand the accounts and spend additional budget
- What is website call conversion? How do u implement them?
- Difference between call conversion and website call conversion?
- How do you track phone call conversions in Google Ads?
- How to send transaction value along with the conversion for an eCommerce website?
- Difference between remarketing and remarketing audiences?
- How to remarket to users based on date ranges?
- Difference between targeting and observation?
- What parameters are to be passed for implementing dynamic remarketing using Google Ads?
- Explain some advanced remarketing strategies? How can you create a remarketing list of high-value product page visitors?
- Types of extensions and benefits
- How to find duplicate keywords
- CPA optimization
- What are portfolio bid strategies and how is it different from the regular bid strategies
- How do you calculate ROAS? Explain ROAS bidding strategy
If you can answer, all these above google ads interview questions, I am sure you will be able to get through the google ads interview. However, if you only have theoretical knowledge and no practical skills in all these concepts, it is not going to take you far in the industry.
Also, we have a Digital Marketing UpSkill Program for experienced digital marketers. Learn skills like 10+ years of experience professional. in 2020, the dream of every experienced digital marketer is to master GTM (Google Tag Manager). Check our Google Tag Manager Bootcamp.
Also, Check our Digital Marketing Bootcamp for More details: